Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install my custom templates in Microsoft Word for Mac?

I use a MacBook Pro running Big Sur. I also use Microsoft 365. My copy of Word had my custom templates ready for use when I launch the app, but since I upgraded to Big Sur the templates no longer appear.

I had this same problem a couple of years ago. Someone in this community (I think) showed me how to install those templates, but I can't recall how to do it. The templates remain stored where they're supposed to be (I checked)—/Users/*****/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content.localized/Templates.localized.

Can someone please show me how to make Word recognize and display my custom templates. Thank you!

(Sidebar: This form insists that I select a "topic," but I honestly cannot find anything in the list that comes close to applying to this question. I had to choose something, so I settled on "Developer Forums.") I hope my question doesn't vanish in the fog.)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 7:55 PM

Kindly disregard. I learned that I needed an update to Build 16.44, which got installed automatically late this afternoon. My templates are back where they belong.

Similar questions

4 replies

How do I install my custom templates in Microsoft Word for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.