Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE TV with Bluetooth Headphones

Hi!

I recently bought Sony Headphones (WH-1000MX3) and I´m trying to connect them to my Apple TV, which I bought around 2015. I want to be able to watch TV, but with sound in my headphones. (My TV doesnt have bluetooth)

I have followed the information instructions provided here on the Apple site.

My Apple TV is searching for Bluetooth devices, but doesn´t find anything. (Doesn´t find my Iphone 7 phone for that matter either, but Airplay is working just perfect since the first day I bought it)

When searching for Bluetooth devices, Apple TV gives a tip: "Manage your Apple TV with a Bluetooth Keybord", is this potentially an older Apple TV that can only connect keybord threw bluetooth?

Is my Apple TV too old to connect Bluetooth headphones?

Or is it something else I should try?

Best regards,

Simon

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 6:10 PM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) support only bluetooth keyboards.

Apple TV (4th generation or later) support a wide range of bluetooth devices, including headphones. Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV - Apple Support

In Late 2015, the 4th generation was introduced, so based on year alone, it could be 3rd or 4th.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 6:10 PM in response to SimonSweden

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) support only bluetooth keyboards.

Apple TV (4th generation or later) support a wide range of bluetooth devices, including headphones. Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV - Apple Support

In Late 2015, the 4th generation was introduced, so based on year alone, it could be 3rd or 4th.

APPLE TV with Bluetooth Headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.