You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Verify Server Identity - Not my email address

I keep getting a notification pop up saying:

Cannot Verify Server Identity - The identity of "m.hotmail.com" cannot be verified.

This is not my email address. If I press details, its from China.

I have changed all passwords multiple times. How do I stop this from coming up? Am I being hacked?

Thanks! :)

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 4:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 4:31 PM

You are not being hacked unless you jailbroke your phone.

Go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts and look for an email account or calendar account with that server ID. If you find one delete it.

Note that m.hotmail.com is an Microsoft mail server, it isn’t an email address. If you have a Microsoft account (hotmail, Exchange, Office 365, Outlook, etc) on your phone delete the account and add it back.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2020 4:31 PM in response to KimberleeW

You are not being hacked unless you jailbroke your phone.

Go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts and look for an email account or calendar account with that server ID. If you find one delete it.

Note that m.hotmail.com is an Microsoft mail server, it isn’t an email address. If you have a Microsoft account (hotmail, Exchange, Office 365, Outlook, etc) on your phone delete the account and add it back.

Cannot Verify Server Identity - Not my email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.