Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change sharing options

Hi there,

When I try to share something from my phone to email now the gmail icon is no longer an option. It is also not there when I click on the “More” tab and is not an option when trying to edit favourites. Does anyone have a solution to this? I use the option to share to email a lot and I don’t know why it’s disappeared but it’s a pain! Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 10:54 AM

Hey mljuffs,

We see you are having issues with using the share option with your Gmail app.

Let's confirm your iOS version from Settings > General > About. We have a new iOS version 14.3 recently come out. Make sure to create a backup before installing the latest update. Also try restarting the iPhone or using different apps to see if you can share content.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open follow the steps here to check if you can get that option to come back with the Gmail app when you try to share.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2020 10:54 AM in response to mljuffs

Hey mljuffs,

We see you are having issues with using the share option with your Gmail app.

Let's confirm your iOS version from Settings > General > About. We have a new iOS version 14.3 recently come out. Make sure to create a backup before installing the latest update. Also try restarting the iPhone or using different apps to see if you can share content.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open follow the steps here to check if you can get that option to come back with the Gmail app when you try to share.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers.

How to change sharing options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.