Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending emails from my iPad and iPhone using new broadband supplier

Have changed my home broadband supplier and had trouble sending emails but receiving them for fine. I deleted my account from my iPad and phone the reinstalled them. That worked then my new supplier did maintenance on their network so I had the same problem. So i did the same three time but the issue hasn’t been solved this time so still can’t send emails but receive them fine. Not sure what else to do so any suggestions would be great, thanks

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 4:59 AM

If you can receive email, but not send, this would suggest that your incoming (IMAP) server settings are correct, but your outgoing SMTP settings are not.

You would be best advised to verify the mail server settings with your Broadband/email supplier - and check that these match those currently configured on your iPad. Also be mindful that your username and password must be correctly set for IMAP and SMTP server settings; whilst these credentials are very likely the same, they must be set in two different sections of your email account settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2020 4:59 AM in response to LadyGrey99

If you can receive email, but not send, this would suggest that your incoming (IMAP) server settings are correct, but your outgoing SMTP settings are not.

You would be best advised to verify the mail server settings with your Broadband/email supplier - and check that these match those currently configured on your iPad. Also be mindful that your username and password must be correctly set for IMAP and SMTP server settings; whilst these credentials are very likely the same, they must be set in two different sections of your email account settings.

Sending emails from my iPad and iPhone using new broadband supplier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.