Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone SE will not answer incoming calls over ca

iPhone SE will not answer incoming calls over car speakers. It plays music. I am using an auxiliary cord adapter.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 4:45 PM

I do not believe my new iPhone SE will answer phone calls over my car speakers using an auxiliary cord. I spoke to Apple support and they were kind and tried to help but nothing worked. I purchased a FM/Bluetooth transmitter to use in the power port of my car. It works now so problem solved. Thank you for your response and taking the time to reply to me. Best regards, Bama-Girl

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 4:45 PM in response to Jaym_8

I do not believe my new iPhone SE will answer phone calls over my car speakers using an auxiliary cord. I spoke to Apple support and they were kind and tried to help but nothing worked. I purchased a FM/Bluetooth transmitter to use in the power port of my car. It works now so problem solved. Thank you for your response and taking the time to reply to me. Best regards, Bama-Girl

Dec 26, 2020 12:34 PM in response to Bama-Girl

Hi Bama-Girl,

We understand you're having trouble with phone calls. We're happy to help.

To start, we'd like to ask come clarifying questions about the issue. So it sounds like you have the phone connected to a car stereo system with a cable, and when you get a phone call and press the answer button it doesn't answer the call but it starts playing music through the car stereo. Is that correct?

How is the device connected? Are you just using a lightning cable to connect to a USB port built in to the car? Are you using a 3.5mm audio cable to connect to a lighting to 3.5mm adapter on the phone? Do you only experience this behavior when the phone is connected to this system, or does pressing the answer button launch the Music app and start playing all the time?

You can learn more about connecting your iPhone to your car here: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car

We look forward to your response. Cheers!

iphone SE will not answer incoming calls over ca

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.