Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

zoom in and out, how on an MacBook Pro?

I am a new MacBook / IOS user. I could not figure out how could I zoom in and zoom out on charts in tradingview.com with MacBook pro's own pad

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 12:54 PM

so I solved my problem on my own. click with one finger and move up or down two fingers together.

7 replies

Dec 16, 2020 12:14 PM in response to Ufoz

Ufoz wrote:

I am a new MacBook / IOS user. I could not figure out how could I zoom in and zoom out on charts in tradingview.com with MacBook pro's own pad

two fingers separating on the trackpad on the macOS/ screen on iPadOS

Change Trackpad preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac

typically Command + key combination works as well (no shift key involved.)

larger =

smaller -

default 0

Dec 16, 2020 12:22 PM in response to Ufoz

Ufoz wrote:

thanks for reply, but with this method whole page is zoomed in / out. I want to zoom in/out a chart applet inside the page , not the whole page.

In this case you will have to re-direct your question to the website manager for the site for their technical assistance.

I would start with their support_portal

https://www.tradingview.com/support/

Dec 16, 2020 12:28 PM in response to Ufoz

Ufoz wrote:

This is not an issue with the website. I can zoom in/out with windows laptop by clicking and extending my fingers at the same time. This is a question about MacBook Pro mouse pad which works in a different ways I am not familiar with.

It is a website interface issue—contact their support for any insight/coding changes or use Windows.

Not all website are built/optimized for cross platform compatibility.

support_portal

https://www.tradingview.com/support/

Dec 16, 2020 12:49 PM in response to leroydouglas

when I connect a mouse to MacBook, the scroll wheel does the functionality I am looking for (stretch/zoom the timeline of the graph in and out). But I am not able to do it with the Macbook's own pad. Maybe this is impossible to do with the MacBook's pad due to functionality limitations. The website works fine regardless of operating systems or browser so this is not the website issue.

zoom in and out, how on an MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.