Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Street smart edge for cloud

I’m trying to use street smart edge with my MacBook and it says I have to download Citrix workspace. I’ve downloaded it and can’t make it past the “add account” section. Please help

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 7:54 AM

cannot load streetsmart edge on my mac

3 replies

Jan 26, 2021 8:55 AM in response to LeAundric

You are not supposed to enter the work email here even though the Citrix Workspace installation gives you that option at the end of the installation process.

What I did was, after Citrix workspace is successfully installed on your mac, log out of Charles Schwab from your browser, then log back in. Then go to https://client.schwab.com/secure/cc/trade/trading_tools/sse/in_the_cloud, hit Launch the green button. This will walk you through the same page where you found Citrix Workspace again. Only this time it will again download another ica file. Once download, hover to the dropdown menu, select "always open this type". Mac will then execute this ica file by summoning Citrix Workspace. Then everything will just launch automatically.

So everytime you log in, you will get a new ica file. You don't have to worry about keeping track which ica you should get because those files get "used up". So ica file is essentially an access token. You get one everytime you log into Schwab. It is time sensitive too, so if you don't use it to access StreetSmart Edge or if you have already used it once, then it will expire, so the next time you log in to Schwab you will automatically download a new ica file.

Hope that makes sense.

I have TDAmeritrade Think or Swim and it's a far better software. It's a standalone one for Mac, so you don't have to use Citrix client for that. StreetSmart Edge is also quite slow when running on Citrix.

Good Luck!

Street smart edge for cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.