Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add watch to family sharing.

I have a Apple Watch 6. So I erased my Apple Watch 4 with the plan of giving it to my 8 year old daughter.

Anytime to I try to add it to family sharing it tells me the watch needs to be updated first. But how can I update it when it’s just on the set up screen? She has no phone of her own so thought this would be ideal but I am stuck 🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope this makes sense.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 5:39 AM

If it will not update when pairing in family setup, I would try pairing it to your iPhone as a second watch first.

It should update that way. Then I would unpair it and remove it as a main watch.

Then add it through family set up.

Once a watch is updated to the current OS it can't go back down so you should be good.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2020 5:39 AM in response to Pandalover10

If it will not update when pairing in family setup, I would try pairing it to your iPhone as a second watch first.

It should update that way. Then I would unpair it and remove it as a main watch.

Then add it through family set up.

Once a watch is updated to the current OS it can't go back down so you should be good.

Can’t add watch to family sharing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.