Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with updating macOS big Sur 11.1

Hi, everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I have a problem with updating my MacBook Pro 16. I don't know why it can't finish the update. As it is shown in the photo it stuck on 10 minutes to finish and won't finish the update.

I have tried it for the early morning to the late night and it hasn't improved.

I am sure that the problem is not the Internet since I could update my iPhone and iPad.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 10:47 AM

Mariamim Said:

"I have a problem with updating my MacBook Pro 16. I don't know why it can't finish the update. As it is shown in the photo it stuck on 10 minutes to finish and won't finish the update.[...]"

-------

Two Thoughts:

• New Admin User:

Create a temporary Administrator User, and see if you can perform the update that way. If that does not work...

• Safe Mode:

Try this in Safe Mode [boot holding down: command + R]. In Safe Mode, log in items do not run, and damaged system files(caches) may be fixed.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2020 10:47 AM in response to Mariamim

Mariamim Said:

"I have a problem with updating my MacBook Pro 16. I don't know why it can't finish the update. As it is shown in the photo it stuck on 10 minutes to finish and won't finish the update.[...]"

-------

Two Thoughts:

• New Admin User:

Create a temporary Administrator User, and see if you can perform the update that way. If that does not work...

• Safe Mode:

Try this in Safe Mode [boot holding down: command + R]. In Safe Mode, log in items do not run, and damaged system files(caches) may be fixed.

Issue with updating macOS big Sur 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.