Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you create a new Apple ID just to store WhatsApp, Telegram, and other information that was associated with your old phone number/old Apple ID?

Hi there, I would like to start a new chapter in my life and I intend to get a new phone number. 

I would like to retain my apple ID (currently using iphone X) as it has all the purchases that I have made in the past. 

However, I do not want to lose my conversations, data that is found in applications (for example, whatsapp, telegram) and I was hoping that I could transfer into a secondary phone (iphone 6 Plus) and create a new apple ID so that it will not conflict with my current apple ID and new phone number. 

Is this possible? 

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 9:01 AM

If you create a new ID to sign on, you won't be able to access the data from the old ID. Data doesn't transfer between IDs.

3 replies

Can you create a new Apple ID just to store WhatsApp, Telegram, and other information that was associated with your old phone number/old Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.