You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health is overestimating the distances I walk and run by a factor of three. How do I fix this?

Health is overestimating the distances I walk and run by a factor of three. How do I fix this? It was working pretty well before (agreed with Runkeeper) but now isn't. iOS 14.3.

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 2:32 PM

3 replies

Dec 20, 2020 5:01 PM in response to Oxymoronius

Hello Oxymoronius,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand having inaccurate results when measuring distance you walked using the Health App. Accuracy is very important, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

Which iOS version is currently installed on your iPhone? Settings > General > About.

To get started, please make sure your iPhone is up-to-date on software. When you navigate to: Settings > General > Software Update do you see any available updates? If so, please back up your iPhone, then update as explained in the following links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, check out this helpful link:

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Dec 27, 2020 5:43 PM in response to Oxymoronius

Hi Oxymoronius,

Thanks for following up with us. It looks like the Health app on your iPhone is providing inaccurate data. Accuracy is very important, so let's continue working on this together.

To clarify, are you using a paired Apple Watch to track your activity? If so, please follow the steps in the following link:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

You canals, try force closing the Health app, and restart your device:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, check out this helpful link:

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

Message us back with your result. Kind regards.

Health is overestimating the distances I walk and run by a factor of three. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.