Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 not installing with big sur bootcamp

i there. I have a Late 2013 15 inch Retina Mac. i've installed Big Sur today but because of my work i need also Windows 10. VM is not a valid option for me so i've tried Bootcamp. in the past with Catalina it was working fine. i've made the mistake to clean the SSD to install both big sur and windows from scratch. Big sur is good and operational, loading bootcamp assist, i can make a pen with Windows 10, then i can create the partition and then tha mac restarts. it restarts two times, the first i can't see nothing in the screen, the second time it takes a little longer but it starts in Big Sur not in Windows instalation. i've tried 5 times and in all of them the behavior is the same. Is there bugs in bootcamp? Why can't i install windows? Do i have to go back to Catalina?

Thanks in advanced for the time to read this lines.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 4:20 PM

9 replies

Jan 16, 2021 9:29 AM in response to Loner T

Not used that as reports say it's unstable and can only cope with one NTFS drive at a time. Virtual Machines are really the way forward, as rebooting back and forth between OSs, is really only a last resort for me. I liked it when I had Parallels which I paid a lot of money for. I was furious when a new OSX was not supported by it and they wanted me to pay again for a version that did. Never went back to them. VMware works brilliantly so no need to pay anymore.

Jan 16, 2021 11:50 AM in response to steviep200

steviep200 wrote:

VMware works brilliantly so no need to pay anymore.

Monetization strategies for such products are very similar. If you have a personal use license, it is valid for specific Host OSes. There are limitations to Virtualization, which native boots can support much better. If it meets your requirements, then it is a good fit.

Windows 10 not installing with big sur bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.