Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You do not have permission to open the application “Microsoft Outlook” v16.44

I am getting the message "You do not have permission to open the application “Microsoft Outlook” having just run a Microsoft Office Auto Update. The version of Outlook is 16.44.

Can anyone help? It's a personal MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.0.1.

I am the sole admin.

Many thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 1:54 PM

Hi,

You have to locate the Microsoft Outlook app in your finder (in the app section). Once you did that, click on get info. At the bottom of the new window unlock the "lock". Just above, there is a list of name with specific privileges. If your user name is not there, click the + button and your user name should be available: click on it. It solved the problem for me.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 1:54 PM in response to marksadler2000

Hi,

You have to locate the Microsoft Outlook app in your finder (in the app section). Once you did that, click on get info. At the bottom of the new window unlock the "lock". Just above, there is a list of name with specific privileges. If your user name is not there, click the + button and your user name should be available: click on it. It solved the problem for me.

Good luck.

You do not have permission to open the application “Microsoft Outlook” v16.44

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.