Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not disturb remains on

Do not disturb remains on outside of the scheduled time frame. Do not disturb remains on despite being turned off in settings. Tried power cycling my iPhone XR that is currently running iOS 14.3 and the off setting is saved but do not disturb is still on.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 10:52 AM

I am using alarms like bedtime. Turning Do Not Disturb on and then off in the control center worked by swiping down from the upper right and pressing the crescent moon icon. Despite Do Not Disturb being off to begin with, it appeared to finally clear it from my Lock Screen. Thank you for helping me troubleshoot the issue.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 10:52 AM in response to ManJor

I am using alarms like bedtime. Turning Do Not Disturb on and then off in the control center worked by swiping down from the upper right and pressing the crescent moon icon. Despite Do Not Disturb being off to begin with, it appeared to finally clear it from my Lock Screen. Thank you for helping me troubleshoot the issue.

Dec 21, 2020 1:28 PM in response to across64

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, across64!

From our understanding, the Do Not Disturb feature is remaining on outside of the scheduled time. We’d be happy to help out!

In some cases, Do Not Disturb can be enabled without being on in Settings when certain conditions are met. For example, if you’re driving, the iPhone will sense that and enable the feature. You can read more about this under “What to expect when Do Not Disturb While Driving is on” at: How to use Do Not Disturb While Driving - Apple Support

In addition, the article above can help “Turn it on and off in Control Center” and if you’d prefer to have this enabled manually you can “Customize features for Do Not Disturb While Driving”.

If this does not occur while driving, let us know more about the situation this occurs in. For example, does it occur only in the morning or at another specific time of the day? Do you see the moon icon on the menu bar at the top of your screen?

Kindest regards!

Dec 28, 2020 1:37 PM in response to across64

We appreciate the update, across64!

Just to confirm, are you using any alarms with your device such as Bedtime? If so, is Do Not Disturb enabled there? We want to be sure we check all potential locations that it may be stemming from. If you're not sure, check out "How to change the settings" at: Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone - Apple Support

If everything looks good there, Contact Apple Support.

Have a great day!

Do not disturb remains on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.