Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad update problems..

When I try to update my Ipad (the newest one) it just gets stuck on a screen that say ‘Verifying update’. I’ve gone to the Apple Store to get it fixed and all they say is “It’s because you have no storage” but I have used 41 out of 64 GB!! Please help. How do I fix this and update my Ipad?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 6:11 AM

A 64 GBs storage iPad starts out with 60 GBs., after drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6 GBs for iOS/iPadOS, leaves 54 GBs.

Minus 2-4 GBs for iOS iPadOS system reserve, to ensure acceptable, nominal iOS operational performance, equals approx. between 50-52 GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

Your iPad ONLY has approx. 11 GBs left.

My guess is you simply do not have a sufficient amount of free, internal data storage left to do an over the air, wireless, WiFi upgrade of iPadOS.

You need to try using the latest iTunes on a Windows PC or older Mac or if a newer Mac with a newer macOS using the macOS Finder to upgrade that iPad.

This is your ONLY other option to upgrade that iPad.

Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 6:11 AM in response to gloneo

A 64 GBs storage iPad starts out with 60 GBs., after drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6 GBs for iOS/iPadOS, leaves 54 GBs.

Minus 2-4 GBs for iOS iPadOS system reserve, to ensure acceptable, nominal iOS operational performance, equals approx. between 50-52 GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

Your iPad ONLY has approx. 11 GBs left.

My guess is you simply do not have a sufficient amount of free, internal data storage left to do an over the air, wireless, WiFi upgrade of iPadOS.

You need to try using the latest iTunes on a Windows PC or older Mac or if a newer Mac with a newer macOS using the macOS Finder to upgrade that iPad.

This is your ONLY other option to upgrade that iPad.

Best of Luck to You!

ipad update problems..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.