You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daisy chain power for LG UltraFine 4K Display

If you daisy chain two "23.7-inch LG UltraFine 4K" displays using ThunderBolt. Will the 2nd display be powered by the first display (which would be connected to mains power) using the ThunderBolt connection or do you have to run power cables to both displays?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 6:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 11:39 AM

I just received a second UltraFine 4k and it appears you have to plug the second into power. That said, everything I seem to read (largely reviews of the monitor) seem to indicate the only thing you need to do to daisy chain a second monitor is connect the first and second via the thunderbolt cable. Long story short, I'm a bit annoyed it doesn't seem to work without a second power cord as it was the entire reason I went with this set-up in the first place...

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2020 11:39 AM in response to somekiwi

I just received a second UltraFine 4k and it appears you have to plug the second into power. That said, everything I seem to read (largely reviews of the monitor) seem to indicate the only thing you need to do to daisy chain a second monitor is connect the first and second via the thunderbolt cable. Long story short, I'm a bit annoyed it doesn't seem to work without a second power cord as it was the entire reason I went with this set-up in the first place...

Daisy chain power for LG UltraFine 4K Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.