Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My printer Epson L355 is not working with Big Sur. Any suggestions on how to make it work?

My printer Epson L355 is not working with Big Sur. Any suggestions on how to make it work?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 5:24 AM

Thank you so much for the detailed answer above. I've also talked to Epson Customer Service and they sent me a link that once installed, it solves all the issues on printing >> https://ftp.epson.com/latin/drivers/inkjet/CISS_1085_LA.dmg

I've used the link for my Epson L355 and it worked really well on printing and scanning. Good luck to us all!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2020 5:24 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you so much for the detailed answer above. I've also talked to Epson Customer Service and they sent me a link that once installed, it solves all the issues on printing >> https://ftp.epson.com/latin/drivers/inkjet/CISS_1085_LA.dmg

I've used the link for my Epson L355 and it worked really well on printing and scanning. Good luck to us all!

Dec 18, 2020 11:29 AM in response to EpsonPrinterL355xBigSur

The Epson L355 site incorrectly recognizes Big Sur installations as Catalina 10.15, and one has to click on that selection, and change it to macOS 11 (Big Sur). This reveals a printer driver released in Nov 2020, but the ICA (Apple Image Capture) scanner driver is a year old and may not work with Big Sur. If scanning functionality is broken, then the paid VueScan Professional product can drive the L355 scanner without any Epson software required.

For the printer drivers, you need to reset the L355's print system in Printers & Scanners panel, and re-add the device with the new driver installation choice.

The Epson L355 is unsupported by Apple's AirPrint, and also not supported by the third-party GutenPrint installation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.