Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete my Apple id?

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 8:33 AM

All purchases made using an Apple ID are tied to the ID. Delete the ID and you will need to download them using your new ID. There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  Make sure you sign out from the places in the 4th link before deleting the ID. If you fail to sign out of your device before deleting the ID, the device may become useless.

How to delete your Apple ID account.         

Apple ID – How to Delete.        

Delete Apple ID (new).         

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support      

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 8:33 AM in response to hound256

All purchases made using an Apple ID are tied to the ID. Delete the ID and you will need to download them using your new ID. There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  Make sure you sign out from the places in the 4th link before deleting the ID. If you fail to sign out of your device before deleting the ID, the device may become useless.

How to delete your Apple ID account.         

Apple ID – How to Delete.        

Delete Apple ID (new).         

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support      

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.