You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Links open app store instead of the installed app

In google or safari, I click a link for Reddit. I have redddit installed and use it. I click the link, it asks if I want to continue in the browser, or use the Reddit app. So I push the App, but instead of opening Reddit, it brings me to the App Store and a button to open Reddit there. I open it there, and it just opens the app and not the link I clicked.

somebody here reported this 5 years ago and it’s still doing it? Pretty pathetic.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 8:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 8:52 AM

Try to uninstall and reinstall the Reddit app. Installing an app that reacts to web links registers the domain and forward the links to the app.

1 reply

Links open app store instead of the installed app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.