Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Chime on my iPhone 12 pro

I just got a new iPhone 12 pro, the past few days it has been randomly chiming with no notification at all hours. I have checked notifications in settings and there are none that have a "sound only" setting. Help, it's driving my crazy as the chime lasts a good 15 seconds!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 3:29 PM

Hello Helenjq,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We'd definitely want to track down the source of that unexpected sound as well. As we understand it, you're hearing a 15-second chime frequently, correct?

Have you checked the Reminders app yet? It sounds like it would be good to check for any reminders there that could be prompting the sound: Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If everything checks out there, try tapping Settings > Sounds & Haptics, and look under the Tones and Alerts section. Do any of the settings here show a tone that matches the sound you're hearing?

Let us know what you find. Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2020 3:29 PM in response to Helenjq

Hello Helenjq,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We'd definitely want to track down the source of that unexpected sound as well. As we understand it, you're hearing a 15-second chime frequently, correct?

Have you checked the Reminders app yet? It sounds like it would be good to check for any reminders there that could be prompting the sound: Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If everything checks out there, try tapping Settings > Sounds & Haptics, and look under the Tones and Alerts section. Do any of the settings here show a tone that matches the sound you're hearing?

Let us know what you find. Best wishes.

Random Chime on my iPhone 12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.