Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 MacBook camera quality blurry

I had the 2016 MacBook Pro 13" and the camera quality was great. Last week I bought the 2020 MacBook Pro 13" M1. I immediately noticed how bad the camera quality was. I returned the MacBook because I thought it was defective. Only to get a new one and it had the SAME problem. I noticed that all the display models at the Best Buy store had this same issue. I don't know if I'm the only one that sees this. I am a teacher and have used the 2016 MacBook camera everyday almost for the past year. And when I used the 2020 MacBook camera it was so noticeable to me and even my students said it looked weird. I know it's not the internet or fingerprints! It looks like it's zoomed in and just blurry and dark. I wish I could find out if this is a hardware or software issue. I'm hoping an update will fix it. If not, I'm going to return the 2020 model and just stick with my 2016 only for the camera. I can't believe Apple would send out a product with such a bad camera when I need it most.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 9:36 AM

There are no replies.

2020 MacBook camera quality blurry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.