Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam email re iCloud being locked

does anyone investigate phishing emails relating to iCloud?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 4:03 PM

I don't know how much investigating they do but the following has the instructions below on how to report them to Apple: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Please report suspicious emails and messages: 

• If you receive a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, send it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you forward a message from Mail on your Mac, include the header information by selecting the message and choosing Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 4:03 PM in response to Ckbbk44

I don't know how much investigating they do but the following has the instructions below on how to report them to Apple: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Please report suspicious emails and messages: 

• If you receive a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, send it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you forward a message from Mail on your Mac, include the header information by selecting the message and choosing Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.

Dec 18, 2020 4:05 PM in response to Ckbbk44

Apple encourages reporting those attempts, as stated in Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

"If you received or acted on a likely phishing message: 

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu."

Scam email re iCloud being locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.