Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receive text messages and calls without WiFi?

I’ve recently bought Apple Watch series 3 with GPS. it works fine and works when I’m on WiFi but when I go out I cannot receive messages and calls without WiFi on the watch even if I have my iPhone with me. is this right? Is there a way to receive calls and messages without WiFi?? If so how?

Apple Watch Series 3, 7

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 1:11 PM

Hello,

If you recently got a new phone, you may need to repair it to the device. If not, then check that your watch and phone are on the latest version. Also, make sure that you have your watch mirror your iPhone's Messages (Apple Watch app settings -> Messages -> Mirror my iPhone) as well as calls (Phone -> Mirror my iPhone).

If all of these are on, then the only other option is to reset your watch and go through the setup process.

Note: if you are using your phone at the time you receive a call or message, then your watch will not bing or ring.

Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2020 1:11 PM in response to jackwaters

Hello,

If you recently got a new phone, you may need to repair it to the device. If not, then check that your watch and phone are on the latest version. Also, make sure that you have your watch mirror your iPhone's Messages (Apple Watch app settings -> Messages -> Mirror my iPhone) as well as calls (Phone -> Mirror my iPhone).

If all of these are on, then the only other option is to reset your watch and go through the setup process.

Note: if you are using your phone at the time you receive a call or message, then your watch will not bing or ring.

Hope this helps!

Receive text messages and calls without WiFi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.