Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are all books eligible for family sharing?

Are all books eligible for family sharing? I can see all the books my wife has purchased but the specific one I want to read asks me to buy it rather than open it? There’s nothing in the Book Store listing that says it’s ineligible (https://books.apple.com/us/book/axioms-end/id1483476145) but Books seemingly won’t let me read it without buying it again.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 11:33 AM

Answering my own question:

1. You need to have purchasing sharing turned on. You can see the listing of family members’ books without this, but you can’t do anything with them.
  2. You also need to have a family purchase payment method set up, as well.

Once you do this, everything works. If you don’t, you get stuck without good error messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2020 11:33 AM in response to Saul T.

Answering my own question:

1. You need to have purchasing sharing turned on. You can see the listing of family members’ books without this, but you can’t do anything with them.
  2. You also need to have a family purchase payment method set up, as well.

Once you do this, everything works. If you don’t, you get stuck without good error messages.

Are all books eligible for family sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.