Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer certain content from old Ipad Air2 to new Ipad Pro

I simply want to move apps, photos/video, notes, and other specific data from my old Ipad on iOS 13 to

a new (used) Ipad Pro. Is there any way to selectively do this? I know of ICloud but don't use it, it's

maxed out at 5G on the free plan with content from another device. the new ipad came with the Ios

already installed.. I guess i'm ok with wiping it if the 'quick start' deal would give me this 'selective items' option?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 3:30 PM

First, be certain your new (used) iPad Pro is brand new software-wise as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You should see "Hello" when you first turn on the iPad.

Next, regarding selectively bringing over items, you cannot do that. Bring over everything then delete what you don't want. Or remove what you no longer want on the old iPad, then back it up and move to the new device.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2020 3:30 PM in response to MIKEinMICH

First, be certain your new (used) iPad Pro is brand new software-wise as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You should see "Hello" when you first turn on the iPad.

Next, regarding selectively bringing over items, you cannot do that. Bring over everything then delete what you don't want. Or remove what you no longer want on the old iPad, then back it up and move to the new device.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Transfer certain content from old Ipad Air2 to new Ipad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.