Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 yellow tint

I bought an iphone 12 and i’ve noticed that the screen has a yellowish tint to it. The whites are not that white like we’re used to with apple devices . It’s yellowish compared to other iphones.

i just want to know if it can be fixed with just a software update or it’s a hardware problem

iPhone 12, 14

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 1:39 PM

I don’t know if this is the issue specifically with the iPhone 12, but with earlier models the bonding agent that holds the glass to the digitizer has a yellowish tint until it fully cures, which can take a month or two. But I would suggest opening a case with Apple support using the link at the top of this page; all such cases are noted and categorized, which makes it easier to identify trending problems.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 1:39 PM in response to Omar_user

I don’t know if this is the issue specifically with the iPhone 12, but with earlier models the bonding agent that holds the glass to the digitizer has a yellowish tint until it fully cures, which can take a month or two. But I would suggest opening a case with Apple support using the link at the top of this page; all such cases are noted and categorized, which makes it easier to identify trending problems.

Dec 31, 2020 9:54 AM in response to Omar_user

Same problem with mine. I sent it back and here is their response:

"Your product has arrived at our repair center, but our technicians were unable to process your repair request. We will return your product to you with a letter providing you with more information. If you have any questions Regarding this letter, please feel free to contact Apple Support to see what solutions are available. Be sure to use the same repair number. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. "

Hope this is a joke !?

So I'm confusing and wanting to waste time unnecessarily according to you?

So, according to your technicians, is there no problem with this phone in terms of contrast and colors? I must be colorblind then because I myself am going to compare my phone in 3 different stores with other Iphone 12s (not pro). Even the vendors present all agreed with my observation!

It's strange though ... or contagious.

I suspect it will have no consequences for your shareholders, but you are losing an "old" customer and his entire family equipped with Apple throughout its range.

At the cost of your equipment I find that dismal. Note, on "leboncoin" it will sell very well ...

Before that I will try one last chance by turning to my operator.

Steve Jobs must be turning in his grave.

Iphone 12 yellow tint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.