Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD/DVD Drive on iMac 27" ejects any disc placed in it. How can I fix this problem?

I have two questions. The first is the cd/dvd drive on my iMac 27" computer ejects any disc that I place in it. How can I fix this problem? The second question is that I have a 20" iMac computer that has El Capitan OS. I would like to upgrade the OS to High Sierra or another OS. When I go to the Mac store app, there is no OS that I can download to upgrade and I receive a message that there is no available OS that I can download. Any suggestions or advice or am I stuck with the El Capitan OS? Thanks for your help, advice and suggestions. Happy Holidays and please stay safe and healthy.

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 6:17 AM

dwight161 wrote:

I have two questions. The first is the cd/dvd drive on my iMac 27" computer ejects any disc that I place in it. How can I fix this problem?

The drive may need cleaned. You can find CD/DVD cleaning disks at many office supply stores or Amazon, etc.

The second question is that I have a 20" iMac computer that has El Capitan OS. I would like to upgrade the OS to High Sierra or another OS. When I go to the Mac store app, there is no OS that I can download to upgrade and I receive a message that there is no available OS that I can download. Any suggestions or advice or am I stuck with the El Capitan OS?

The last 20" iMac was the Mid 2009. El Capitan is the latest version it can run.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 6:17 AM in response to dwight161

dwight161 wrote:

I have two questions. The first is the cd/dvd drive on my iMac 27" computer ejects any disc that I place in it. How can I fix this problem?

The drive may need cleaned. You can find CD/DVD cleaning disks at many office supply stores or Amazon, etc.

The second question is that I have a 20" iMac computer that has El Capitan OS. I would like to upgrade the OS to High Sierra or another OS. When I go to the Mac store app, there is no OS that I can download to upgrade and I receive a message that there is no available OS that I can download. Any suggestions or advice or am I stuck with the El Capitan OS?

The last 20" iMac was the Mid 2009. El Capitan is the latest version it can run.

CD/DVD Drive on iMac 27" ejects any disc placed in it. How can I fix this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.