Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share screenshot on WhatsApp disappeared

When I try to share a screenshot through WhatsApp the app can’t be chosen and I have to save the screenshot and then share directly on WhatsApp. This didn’t happen before.

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 3:10 AM

I have exactly the same issue. Actually, the system does not allow us to share just one picture from the photos app via WhatsApp anymore, except if the WhatsApp discussion was recently used (listed as part of “favorite” sharing - so “WhatsApp + Contact”)

Whenever multiple photos are selected and you click share, the WhatsApp app is re-appearing. Does not really makes sense to have different behaviors here. WhatsApp has access to all my photos in privacy settings. Don’t believe it’s up to end-users to configure Shortcuts for this, it’s used to work, and is now just not working consistently.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 3:10 AM in response to judysings

I have exactly the same issue. Actually, the system does not allow us to share just one picture from the photos app via WhatsApp anymore, except if the WhatsApp discussion was recently used (listed as part of “favorite” sharing - so “WhatsApp + Contact”)

Whenever multiple photos are selected and you click share, the WhatsApp app is re-appearing. Does not really makes sense to have different behaviors here. WhatsApp has access to all my photos in privacy settings. Don’t believe it’s up to end-users to configure Shortcuts for this, it’s used to work, and is now just not working consistently.

Dec 22, 2020 12:39 PM in response to Catam85

Good afternoon Catam85,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are not seeing WhatsApp in the sharing options when you take a screenshot on your iPhone.

To address this issue:

• Quit all of the open apps on your iPhone.
  • Update your iPhone to iOS 14.3.
  • Then check to see if there are updates for purchased apps like WhatsApp.
  • Test to see if WhatsApp or other missing apps appear in the sharing options.

Control access to information in apps on iPhone - iPhone User Guide

"You control whether third-party apps have access to information in Contacts, Photos, Calendar, and other apps.

The first time an app wants to use information from another app, you receive a request with an explanation. For example, a messaging app may request access to your contacts to find friends who are using the same app. After you grant or deny access, you can change access later.

1. Go to Settings  > Privacy.
  2. Tap a category of information, such as Calendars, Reminders, or Motion & Fitness.

The list shows the apps that requested access. You can turn access on or off for any app on the list."

The resources below will help you with this. Key information is highlighted here for you. Click the links for complete details.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Restart your iPhone

You can also try adding WhatsApp to a shortcut:

Launch a shortcut from another app - Shortcuts User Guide

"To allow a shortcut to run from within other apps, you must enable it to appear in the share sheet—the window that appears when you tap the Share button  in another app.

1. In My Shortcuts  in the Shortcuts app, tap  on a shortcut.
  2. The shortcut opens in the shortcut editor.
  3. Tap  to open Details, then turn on Show in Share Sheet.
  4. Tap Done to save."

Take care.

Share screenshot on WhatsApp disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.