Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i leave application running and return to Home Screen

How do I leave an app running and go back to Home Screen

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 12:48 PM

Hi Fvolante1,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you would like to leave your apps running when you exit to the Home Screen.

On iPhone X or later, your apps are in standby mode when you exit them and go to the Home Screen. You can see which apps are in standby from the app switcher. You can also use Background App Refresh if you would like certain apps to periodically check for updates and new content. You can learn more about both features we mentioned from Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 12:48 PM in response to Fvolante1

Hi Fvolante1,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you would like to leave your apps running when you exit to the Home Screen.

On iPhone X or later, your apps are in standby mode when you exit them and go to the Home Screen. You can see which apps are in standby from the app switcher. You can also use Background App Refresh if you would like certain apps to periodically check for updates and new content. You can learn more about both features we mentioned from Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Have a great day!

How do i leave application running and return to Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.