Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing my iPod Mini on my new MacBook (on Catalina)

Hi,

My iPod mini is not showing up completely in the Finder on my new MacBook on Catalina.

I can see the drive part but it doesn't appear as a device like my iPhone.

And of course it doesn't show up in Appel Music.

I think it's probably because it's synced with my old iBook.

How can I sync it with my new MacBook without iTunes?

(And is there a way not to loose my music Library?)

Thanks,

Jeff

PS : I couldn't' find iPod Mini on the device list here so I did put iPod nano instead ;-)

iPod Nano

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 8:09 AM

Hi Metajef,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like you can't sync your older iPod Mini to your new MacBook.

If you don't have access to the music anywhere else that is on the iPod, you probably don't want to sync. This would remove the music from the iPod. Syncing only happens from the computer to the device. Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer.

You can always move your music to the new computer from the old computer if it is available.

Although it is an older device, you should still be able to see the iPod in Catalina. Check out: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

Have a fantastic day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 8:09 AM in response to Metajef

Hi Metajef,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like you can't sync your older iPod Mini to your new MacBook.

If you don't have access to the music anywhere else that is on the iPod, you probably don't want to sync. This would remove the music from the iPod. Syncing only happens from the computer to the device. Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer.

You can always move your music to the new computer from the old computer if it is available.

Although it is an older device, you should still be able to see the iPod in Catalina. Check out: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

Have a fantastic day!

Syncing my iPod Mini on my new MacBook (on Catalina)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.