Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m Stuck on the OS X Utilities

Hi. I’ve had a MacBook pro since 2014. I wanted a factory reset so I googled it and I did the process.

The video said to delete something from the disk utility, I didn’t have the same name as the one video had on it. So I clicked the one that was the same place and after the video said too click “ Reinstall macOS “ but I had “ Reinstall OS X” so I tried to reinstall it but it said that the “ OS X Base System” was locked. I don’t know what to do...I googled”how to get off reset mode on MacBook Pro” and I did that process but it keeps bringing me back to the “OS X Utilities “. Any tips? Or any advice on what do to? I’m not sure how to work it..

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 10:09 PM

Try following the steps provided in the following article to see if you missed any:

1 reply

I’m Stuck on the OS X Utilities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.