Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artist image for podcast

I have a podcast which has all the necessary artwork but not the artist image. So it looks good until you see the empty image for artist (Apple has a microphone image)

I want to know how I do this? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 11:44 PM

The latest OS, Catalina, doesn't have iTunes: it has Podcasts app and this doesn't show the 'Artists' listing. However, my guess is that the Artists listing should show your image but hasn't got round to picking it up yet - these delays can happen in iTunes. There isn't anywhere else you can put your image - you plainly have it in the right places now.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2020 11:44 PM in response to disfasia

The latest OS, Catalina, doesn't have iTunes: it has Podcasts app and this doesn't show the 'Artists' listing. However, my guess is that the Artists listing should show your image but hasn't got round to picking it up yet - these delays can happen in iTunes. There isn't anywhere else you can put your image - you plainly have it in the right places now.

Dec 21, 2020 6:04 AM in response to disfasia

You have to create an image, upload it to your server, and place the URL in the 'itunes:image' tag in the feed: or, if you are using one of the many podcast creation apps or services, you deal with the image as detailed in their Help.

The image must conform to these parameters:

Dimensions: minimum 1400 x 1400 px, maximum 3000 x 3000 px, and square. If you hope to be considered as a 'featured' podcast (though the comopetition is intense) you must use 3000 x 3000 px.

File size: less than 500kB.

Format: RGB; no alpha channel; JPG or PNG.

Once you have added an image it may take some days to appear in the Podcasts App or iTunes.

Artist image for podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.