Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see mail display

I just got the new MacBook Pro 13" running Big Sur 11.1 on the M1 chip. My Mail display has disappeared. I can see the Mail settings in the toolbar at the top but I don't see the actual accounts, messages, etc. They were there and email accounts established, now I can't see them. I am still getting notifications of new emails so it is running. At this point I cannot quit Mail, I have to Force Quit it. I have logged out/logged back in, rebooted, and shut down/restarted. What do I need to do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 10:19 AM

Did that and a lot of other checks and tests. Was on the phone for over 2 hours with 2 different advisors. First advisor took me to the point where I had to reinstall MacOS and, if that did not help, call back. Did not help so talked to 2nd advisor and we tried a few more things, then she talked to a senior advisor who indicated that this was a known problem to Apple and they were working on a fix, to either be pushed out "in the background" or in an update. No time frame for when this would occur.

Not being content to wait I continued fiddling with the Mail menu commands. After several other stabs in the dark I clicked on Mail->Add Account. Lo and behold, the pop-up window for selecting a provider showed up - but the actual Mail window opened up underneath it. So far it has stayed with me and is working fine - have closed/opened/closed/opened plus restarted computer several times. Also missing in the window was All Mailboxes under the Favorites section of the sidebar. Clicked on the little plus sign by Favorites and added the All Mailboxes back in. So...things looking good for now.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 10:19 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

Did that and a lot of other checks and tests. Was on the phone for over 2 hours with 2 different advisors. First advisor took me to the point where I had to reinstall MacOS and, if that did not help, call back. Did not help so talked to 2nd advisor and we tried a few more things, then she talked to a senior advisor who indicated that this was a known problem to Apple and they were working on a fix, to either be pushed out "in the background" or in an update. No time frame for when this would occur.

Not being content to wait I continued fiddling with the Mail menu commands. After several other stabs in the dark I clicked on Mail->Add Account. Lo and behold, the pop-up window for selecting a provider showed up - but the actual Mail window opened up underneath it. So far it has stayed with me and is working fine - have closed/opened/closed/opened plus restarted computer several times. Also missing in the window was All Mailboxes under the Favorites section of the sidebar. Clicked on the little plus sign by Favorites and added the All Mailboxes back in. So...things looking good for now.

Can't see mail display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.