Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown Error 1852797029 when trying to play from Music on iPhone

Have an iphone 6S running 14.3 and when we try and play music from the cloud in Music we get the following error:

"The operation could not be completed. An unknown error occured (1852797029)"

I have deleted and restarted the app but it has not made a difference.

Any ideas?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 12:01 PM

Had the same error on my iPhone 12 Mini (14.3)

Re-occurred after restart.

Resolved this without restarting by removing the headphones (from an iPhone XS). Pressing play and then only reinserting the headphones.

Hope this helps. (And hope this continues to work in future).

4 replies

Dec 23, 2020 10:29 PM in response to DDLLAAHH

I'm having the same issue, but on an iPad (Pro 10.5"). iPad OS is up to date (14.3). I have tried restarting, a forced restart, accessing on different WiFi networks (no other issues with network connectivity), and I have completely wiped and reset the iPad. Still get the same error code when trying to stream from Apple Music (same error if it is a song or album I have previously downloaded, or something new that I have not) - "operation could not be completed - an unknown error occurred (185279029)"

Unknown Error 1852797029 when trying to play from Music on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.