Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp data transfer with no backup

Hello,

I would like to transfer my WhatsApp data from my iPhone6 (no space on the phone to back up) to my iPhone 6S (plenty of space available).

Is it possibile to use iTunes to back up WhatsApp on my PC and transfer chats, data and videos on my iphone6S, without syncronize the all device?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 8:45 AM

As far as I know the data which is backed up on iCloud is never backed up on iTunes. WhatsApp backup is taken on iCloud always.

WhatsApp Backup is taken on iCloud and while restoring, it verifies your Phone number.

• The phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same. You can't restore the chat history from another WhatsApp account.
  • Because backups are tied to individual phone numbers, it is possible to have backups for multiple WhatsApp accounts stored in the same iCloud account.

Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2020 8:45 AM in response to Mariangelamelafonino

As far as I know the data which is backed up on iCloud is never backed up on iTunes. WhatsApp backup is taken on iCloud always.

WhatsApp Backup is taken on iCloud and while restoring, it verifies your Phone number.

• The phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same. You can't restore the chat history from another WhatsApp account.
  • Because backups are tied to individual phone numbers, it is possible to have backups for multiple WhatsApp accounts stored in the same iCloud account.

Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

Dec 21, 2020 8:48 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately my iPhone 6 have not enought available space to do the whatsapp chat back up on iCloud (I just figured out that even though I have icloud space, I need also space on the phone to performe the chat backup). So I thought to make the back up on my PC. I don’t want to syncronize my all iPhone, so I was wondering di that would be possibile with iTunes?

WhatsApp data transfer with no backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.