Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.3 - Estimated time remaining... 3 days???

I currently have an iPhone 7 running software version 12.2 and am attempting to update to iOS 14.3 now so I can install apps that require the latest version of iOS. Upon doing so, it gets stuck on the "Estimated time remaining" status for about 10-15 minutes. Eventually it updates to some ridiculous amount of time remaining, typically around 3 days.

I've tried resetting network settings, toggling airplane mode, doing a hard reset and nothing works. After all of that I retried and the new estimated time remaining is 20 hours. I know the update cannot possibly take this long, what am I missing here?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 6:59 AM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2020 7:22 AM in response to OSUMatt85

Make sure you are connected to a fast Wi-Fi network and that you leave the phone plugged in (because Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps, unless it is plugged in). The download is about 3 GB, so you can calculate how long it should take based on the speed of your Internet connection. Remembering that GB is GigaBYTES, and connection speed is measured in MegaBITS or GigaBITS, so roughly 10 Gigabits = 1 Gigabyte for estimating purposes, or 3 GB is 30 Gigabits or 30,000 megabits.

iOS 14.3 - Estimated time remaining... 3 days???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.