Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I include my son in family sharing when he has a child in his family?

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 8:02 AM

If you son is already part a Family Sharing group or is the organizer of one he would need to leave or disband that group and join yours via the invitation you send.

If his child is under 13, then he would need to transfer the child's account to your Family Group as well before being able to disband his own Family Group since child accounts (under 13) cannot exist on their own outside of Family Sharing.

Basically a person cannot belong to 2 family groups at the same time. If you want him to join yours, then everybody in his Family Group must leave it.

See:

link-> Set up Family Sharing - Invite People to join your Family group - Apple Support

link-> Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

link-> Leave Family Sharing - Disband a Family Group - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 8:02 AM in response to fquicci

If you son is already part a Family Sharing group or is the organizer of one he would need to leave or disband that group and join yours via the invitation you send.

If his child is under 13, then he would need to transfer the child's account to your Family Group as well before being able to disband his own Family Group since child accounts (under 13) cannot exist on their own outside of Family Sharing.

Basically a person cannot belong to 2 family groups at the same time. If you want him to join yours, then everybody in his Family Group must leave it.

See:

link-> Set up Family Sharing - Invite People to join your Family group - Apple Support

link-> Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

link-> Leave Family Sharing - Disband a Family Group - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.