Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access shared family calendar

Ive set up Family Sharing for my family (so I am the Organiser) and I now want to open and update the shared calendar. The user guide explains how to create the shared family calendar and how to send an invite to other members, but not how to open the calendar. I want to open and start adding in dates and events. Where is it? I can't see it anywhere.Is it my usual calendar? When I select Calendars at the bottom of the screen there are a range of menu items including my shared family calendar, but it doesn't open it. it is frustrating scouring the internet for solutions, why can't this just be intuitive or at least explained in the user guide. Hope someone can help, thanks :)

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 12:10 PM

Hi dion181,

Thanks for reaching out through Apple Support Communities for help with viewing and adding events to the Family Shared calendar. We're glad to help.

When using the Calendar app on iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you will see events from all of your calendars at once by default. Each calendar has an assigned color, so that you can tell when an event belongs to a specific calendar by its color.

When creating a new event, you can specify to which calendar the event belongs during the creation process.

It's also possible to turn each calendar on or off. So for example, if you have three calendars, events in your Calendar app may have three different colors, depending on which calendar they belong to. To view only the events for one calendar, you select Calendars, and turn off the two other calendars.

The following guide explains in more detail how to create events in a specific calendar on iOS devices:

Create and edit events in Calendar on iPhone

And this guide explains how to set up, manage, and modify multiple calendars:

Set up multiple calendars on iPhone

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 12:10 PM in response to dion181

Hi dion181,

Thanks for reaching out through Apple Support Communities for help with viewing and adding events to the Family Shared calendar. We're glad to help.

When using the Calendar app on iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you will see events from all of your calendars at once by default. Each calendar has an assigned color, so that you can tell when an event belongs to a specific calendar by its color.

When creating a new event, you can specify to which calendar the event belongs during the creation process.

It's also possible to turn each calendar on or off. So for example, if you have three calendars, events in your Calendar app may have three different colors, depending on which calendar they belong to. To view only the events for one calendar, you select Calendars, and turn off the two other calendars.

The following guide explains in more detail how to create events in a specific calendar on iOS devices:

Create and edit events in Calendar on iPhone

And this guide explains how to set up, manage, and modify multiple calendars:

Set up multiple calendars on iPhone

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

How to access shared family calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.