Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini m1 hdmi flickering

Mac Mini M1 2020 8gb ram / 256gb dd HDMI flickering issue

Screen: AOC Q2963P 21:9

Resolution: 2560x1080

No issue with other devices (mini nes, win10 laptop same resolution ...) with exact same cable and screen.

It was working normally for few days and then the hdmi become unstable since yesterday.

https://youtu.be/RYZS3-fAAts

Any idea ... DOA?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 1:19 PM

I might have found the problem! I have a very busy desk with up to 3 computers + phone in a fairly small space. I switch off all I could and it seems to work now.

It seems this little Mac does not like too many friends around it ....

Similar questions

13 replies

Dec 22, 2020 11:19 AM in response to RUSD tech

Thx

will try but never had any issue with any other devices ... even at 2560x1080. Not targeting 4K as such ... I tried with another hdmi cable but I have probably none compatible to 4K as such ....

Mac are more “sensitive”?

what is strange is it worked for the first few days ...

now when it happens even the screen ocd become unstable.

Dec 22, 2020 11:40 AM in response to RUSD tech

I believe it was you who made the same recommendation to me so I got a better and shorter cable (3 ft) plus I cleared away anything that could be causing Rf interference as it was suggest that was cause of the blinking screen. The problem still exists and is getting worse. If I turn on the machine it's fine for about 30 minutes and then starts to blink, it gradually increases until it's about ever 30 seconds or so. There is now a new affect, the bottom of the screen sometime goes fuzzy and slightly out of focus every once in a while. I'm certain its the computer as I had the exact same set up for 4 years with a 2014 model and never once had a problem. Further the new M1 mini was perfectly fine for 3+ weeks before the first blink happened and there was no change in set up from day one until the issues started,

Mac mini m1 hdmi flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.