Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard change on MacBook Air on M1

I have just bought my new latest Macbook Air on M1 processor and yet experiencing a trouble. It has a separate button for changing keyboard language compared to older Macbook Air. The problem is, it, sometimes, refuses to work. I keep pushing the button, try to use control+space combination, but the keyboard doesn't change. The only way to change it in such situations is to do it manually on menu using trackpad. Sometimes it works perfectly well.

Is anyone having the same problem? And how to deal with it?

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 1:45 AM

15 replies

Feb 2, 2021 3:39 AM in response to arnur146

I'm experiencing the same problem. I tried to set up English Spanish Latin America and Japanese. It will shuttle between English and Japanese with the caps lock key but not Spanish. I removed Japanese. Now it still won't shuttle with caps lock. I have to go up to the menu bar in order to change between English and Spanish. Super frustrating. You used to be able to turn on a mac and just use it with minimal need to find out how to do something. These machines used to be intuitive. That's no longer the case I'm wasting loads of time going on youtube just to do simple things.

Mar 20, 2021 5:29 PM in response to arnur146

I think both two new MacBooks are having this problem. I'm using a MacBook pro M1 and I'm having that problem too. The only way to fix it is to restart my mac but after a couple of times, it stops working.

I sent feedback to Apple and I'm wishing to fix it because I'm switching languages all the time and it takes forever to change them without the keyboard shortcut.

Keyboard change on MacBook Air on M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.