Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone SE 1st Generation

Hello

I have an iPhone SE 1st Gen from 2017. Software Version 13.7.

Obviously its pretty dated by now but I’m trying to keep it alive as long as possible as I can’t afford an upgrade just now due to Covid and having no income.

I am looking for tips to keep it running smoothly as it has become significantly slower to the point where apps wont open, writing text lags severely and the camera takes photos but anywhere between 20-50 seconds after the button was clicked, to name a few examples.

This difficulty is experienced anywhere below the 50% battery mark and that number was 30% last month so its deteriorating rapidly.

I have replaced the battery 6 months ago and performed a few factory resets. Last factory reset was 1 day ago at time of writing.

I have 10gb avail space of a 32gb storage.

Battery health 87% and currently supporting normal peak performance.

If theres anything specific I could turn off / turn on, disable or enable, or any thing like this to nurse it through for a few more months I’d be grateful of the suggestions.

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 4:32 AM

Run Software Update to get 14.3.

Similar questions

2 replies

Iphone SE 1st Generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.