Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13 - Keyboard Language

Hello, I'm thinking of buying the new MacBook Pro 13inch (M1 Chip) with English/Arabic Keyboard.

When I choose the potions online for the laptop, I have the option of choosing only one keyboard language (for this i actually mean the physical letters written on the keyboard). If I choose Arabic and complete the purchase, will I get both letters (English & Arabic) on the keyboard or just the Arabic?

this is so confusing

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 9:54 AM

asma95 wrote:

will I get both letters (English & Arabic) on the keyboard or just the Arabic?

Have you seen keyboards with just Arabic on them? I wonder how someone would be able to type most email and web addresses, such as www.apple.com, in that case?

All Apple keyboards for Arabic and other non-Latin scripts (Russian, Greek, Thai, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Korean) do also have English on them.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 9:54 AM in response to asma95

asma95 wrote:

will I get both letters (English & Arabic) on the keyboard or just the Arabic?

Have you seen keyboards with just Arabic on them? I wonder how someone would be able to type most email and web addresses, such as www.apple.com, in that case?

All Apple keyboards for Arabic and other non-Latin scripts (Russian, Greek, Thai, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Korean) do also have English on them.

Dec 23, 2020 10:17 AM in response to asma95

asma95 wrote:

keep in your mind that not everyone is an apple product addict .. so it's normal to ask such questions!

I think you misunderstood my own question. Do you know if Windows or other non-Apple computers have keyboards with only Arabic on them? I don't have any experience with them, but if so I wonder if they have some special way then to type English email addresses.

MacBook Pro 13 - Keyboard Language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.