Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot watch movies I bought through Itunes

I'm glad I gave up on itunes, it was always very difficult to get it to work right with purchased movies, but I still want to be able to watch the movies that I actually bought with itunes.

In any case, I'm trying to watch some of my movies. They were bought with another computer I think, I put them into my itunes library and press play, it asks me to authorize the software, I do that, and it accepts my password and says that 2 out of my 5 machines have been used, but then I just get a blank black screen that does not play a movie no matter how much i fast forward.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 9:09 AM

It was because i had two different itunes account and one set of movies with one account and another set was with another account. i would think the smart thing to do would be to not even pop up a movie if you're not in the right account. but since the movie did pop up when i clicked on it and nothing happened, i was duped into thinking that i was in the right account but the movie file was flawed.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 9:09 AM in response to Corrie84

It was because i had two different itunes account and one set of movies with one account and another set was with another account. i would think the smart thing to do would be to not even pop up a movie if you're not in the right account. but since the movie did pop up when i clicked on it and nothing happened, i was duped into thinking that i was in the right account but the movie file was flawed.

Dec 25, 2020 8:14 AM in response to kyle76

Hello kyle76,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand being unable to watch the movies you purchased from iTunes, and we'd be happy to help.

Since it only shows a black screen, let's try to change the playback quality of the video and see if it plays.

We also, have a handy article here that will help to get this resolved. Check this out:

If you can't stream or watch movies or TV shows from the Apple TV app, iTunes Store, or third-party apps

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Cannot watch movies I bought through Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.