Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recovery data from macbook pro 2016 ssd.

hi everyone, my macbook pro 2016 has turned off and won't turn on anymore. It has a power problem, it has shorted out.

I disassembled the ssd and it is a nmve pcie m.2 of 2016 as in the picture.

How can I recover the data inside? i need an adapter cable.

I'm exasperated, you say that

can I recover?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 11:16 AM

I'm not aware of any adapter or enclosure for this particular Apple SSD. You will need to put this SSD into another non-Touchbar 2016 or 2017 MBPro or contact a professional data recovery service such as Drive Savers or Ontrack both of which provide free estimates and are recommended by Apple.

In the future make sure to have frequent & regular backups.

FYI, it is impossible to recover accidentally deleted data from an SSD plus an SSD can fail at any time without any warning signs. In addition most of the other USB-C Mac have their SSDs soldered to the Logic Board making it so you won't be able to recover data yourself. With the T2 Security Chip on the 2018+ models even Apple will be unable to recover data from a non-working Mac.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 11:16 AM in response to Mr. Antonio Jr Melk

I'm not aware of any adapter or enclosure for this particular Apple SSD. You will need to put this SSD into another non-Touchbar 2016 or 2017 MBPro or contact a professional data recovery service such as Drive Savers or Ontrack both of which provide free estimates and are recommended by Apple.

In the future make sure to have frequent & regular backups.

FYI, it is impossible to recover accidentally deleted data from an SSD plus an SSD can fail at any time without any warning signs. In addition most of the other USB-C Mac have their SSDs soldered to the Logic Board making it so you won't be able to recover data yourself. With the T2 Security Chip on the 2018+ models even Apple will be unable to recover data from a non-working Mac.

Dec 23, 2020 9:15 AM in response to Mr. Antonio Jr Melk

Mr. Antonio Jr Melk wrote:

hi everyone, my macbook pro 2016 has turned off and won't turn on anymore. It has a power problem, it has shorted out.

I disassembled the ssd and it is a nmve pcie m.2 of 2016 as in the picture.

How can I recover the data inside? i need an adapter cable.

I'm exasperated, you say that
can I recover?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/baec434d-4a46-4ebb-98e0-af1ad016802b

You can contact OWC/MacSales and see if they have an enclosure/adapter for your SSD.

https://eshop.macsales.com/

How to recovery data from macbook pro 2016 ssd.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.