Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share to youtube is gone with new version of FCP X 10.5.1?

The most useful export feature in FCP X is now gone? Share to YouTube account? I have multiple YouTube accounts that I export my videos too, and let’s admit this is also the most popular destination for any video creator, so I did set my three youtube channels in export settings, so I was able to export video to my desired YT channel right from FCP X. Now all this is gone and I have some local Facebook and Youtube export settings and also the resolution settings are stupidly named as squares 4096 x 4096?

Can anyone confirm all this and can somebody lighten me up with any reasonable answer, why would Apple do that?

Thank you for your replies.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 10:30 AM

Yes, the export for YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook has been changed in the latest version of FCP.

If this is a dealbreaker for you, I suppose you could restore an earlier version of FCP (if your OS supports it) from the backup you made prior to the upgrade.

You can also let Apple know your opinion by, in Final Cut Pro, going to the menu Final Cut Pro > Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback.

As to why, no one but Apple knows and they work in mysterious ways, but I would think it would have something to do with being obligated to chase what ever procedural structures are put in place by 3rd party companies, and do so within Apple Software. With the new system, FCP delivers the file and the user uses whatever the appropriate (and current) upload method is for the destination chosen. But that is just a guess.

MtD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 10:30 AM in response to MaksZbogar

Yes, the export for YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook has been changed in the latest version of FCP.

If this is a dealbreaker for you, I suppose you could restore an earlier version of FCP (if your OS supports it) from the backup you made prior to the upgrade.

You can also let Apple know your opinion by, in Final Cut Pro, going to the menu Final Cut Pro > Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback.

As to why, no one but Apple knows and they work in mysterious ways, but I would think it would have something to do with being obligated to chase what ever procedural structures are put in place by 3rd party companies, and do so within Apple Software. With the new system, FCP delivers the file and the user uses whatever the appropriate (and current) upload method is for the destination chosen. But that is just a guess.

MtD

Share to youtube is gone with new version of FCP X 10.5.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.