Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fraudulent use of Apple ID

I received an email that claims it's from Apple: "Your Apple ID, has just been used to purchase Strategy Games from the App Store on a computer or a device that had never been associated with that Apple ID." It sounds suspicious.

There was a receipt attached to the email for $15.30 for the app. Asked if it was me and it wasn't. It was not billed to me, but when I clicked to "Report a problem" it didn't seem quite right. I certainly did NOT authorize any purchase the "Strategy Games" app. What do I do?

Mary

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 12:46 PM

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams.   

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store.     

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 12:46 PM in response to Mtanthonis

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams.   

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store.     

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Fraudulent use of Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.