You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Playing Clean Versions

I’m having an issue where my explicit content music has been replaced with clean edits where possible. Where a clean version is not available, it will play explicit version, but otherwise defaults to clean. This also occurs when searching for music. I must search for the explicit version or select alternate version for explicit.

This has been since ios14. I’m running latest version on iPhone X. No filters are in place.

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 1:35 PM

1 reply

Dec 25, 2020 3:34 PM in response to Mbenz528i

Hello Mbenz528i,

It sounds like you are not able to locate explicit contact in the Music app when searched.

Here are some resources that can help:

• If so, if you toggle this on and back off, does it help?

• Are you getting any notifications when you try to play a song with explicit lyrics? If so, does it help if you allow it to play?

• If you access your music on a different device, does it search and play as expected here? This will help isolate it to the device or the account.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Apple Music Playing Clean Versions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.