Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIFI Security

I Have Apple XS MAX Phone. Under Settings wi-FI - It states I have weak Security . When I click on this weak security - it states: WPA/WPA2(TKIP)is not considered secure.

If this is your Wi-Fi network configure the router to use WPA2(AE) or WPA3 security type. I called the provider of my wifi - Compcast. They told me it is a software update with apple that has to be fixed. I want to make sure my WI-FI security is secure.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 3:52 PM

2 replies

Dec 23, 2020 3:58 PM in response to zeimom

Hi there, make sure your router is up to date, you can do so by accessing your internet router by typing 192.168.1.1 into your URL bar on your browser, if that doesnt work, try 192.168.0.1 as some routers are different. once in, the username and password will be on the back of your router unless you've already changed the password to the page when you purchased the router.

Check for firmware updates on that page for your router, after that, go to your security tab on your router and check to see if your wifi has a WPA2 (AE) or WPA3 Security type and update the password on that side. This will be easily remove that pop-up you get on your iPhone! Hope this helps!

WIFI Security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.