You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

re advice to uninstall Adobe Flashplayer before 31 December 2020, how should I uninstall on iMac 10.13.6 ?

I am not clear what the function of Adobe Flashplayer is, but I regularly get messages urging me to uninstall before EOL on 31 December, for reasons of security.

In Utilities I have Adobe AIR Application Installer, Adobe AIR Uninstaller and Adobe Flash Player Install Manager.

I have an iMac 10.13.6

Advice please on how to securely uninstall, and will it be necessary to download an alternative to replace it . . . if so, what ?

I have also an iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro. Will I need to do anything separately with each of those ?

Many thanks.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 8:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 8:47 PM

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

You do not need to install anything to replace it. Flash was never on iPhones or iPads.

3 replies

re advice to uninstall Adobe Flashplayer before 31 December 2020, how should I uninstall on iMac 10.13.6 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.